- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the User Interface category, and then click Section.
- Open the section to which you want to add the AJAX container.
- If the editing options are not visible, click Convert to full section editor.
- On the Design tab, expand the Structural list, and then drag the AJAX container onto the design canvas.
- In the AJAX Container Settings window, in the
Type list, select the type of the container:
- To set the container as the default destination for documents, select Default.
- To set the container as a destination for secondary documents, select Secondary.
- To set the container as a destination for supplementary documents, select Tertiary.
- In Default view, select the view that you want to display when
the application starts:
- To display an empty container, select None.
- To display a section, select Section, and then provide the page context and the section name in the fields below.
- To use tab navigation between multiple documents, select the Show as tabs check box.
- In Maximum Documents, define the number of documents that the container can hold.
- Supported actions and limitations in AJAX containers
Use AJAX containers to render and control multiple harnesses in a single browser window and eliminate the use of iframe tags in your markup. To use the full potential of AJAX containers, learn about the supported actions and limitations of this tool.