Applicable to Theme Cosmos
Share design patterns between skins by using inheritance. When you define a
parent for your skin, all the parent style formats, mixins, and CSS style sheets become
available to the dependent skin, with changes to the parent cascading automatically to
For example, you can create a skin that includes styles that are the same throughout the
organization, and have that skin serve as a parent for more detailed department skins to
reduce the number of repetitive configurations.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio,
- Expand the User Interface category, and
then click Skin.
- Open the skin that you want to edit.
- On the Inheritance tab, in the Skin
inheritance section, click Add skin to inherit
- In the new field, select the skin from which you want to inherit design
patterns.Result: The skin that you select becomes the parent of the current skin. The
full inheritance stack, including the skins from which the parent inherits,
appears in the Calculated inheritance order
- In the upper right corner of the skin tab, click