For more information, see Adding UI components to a view.
- Open the view with the control that you want to
edit.For more information, see Accessing views in your application.
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit icon.
- In the Property field, select the property whose value the user sets by selecting a match from the Autocomplete control at run time.
- In the List source section, select the source for the autocomplete
list.For more information, see Specifying a data source in a control.
For example: To use a data page that contains a list of all employees, in the Type field, select Data page. In the Data page field, select the data page that stores employee information. In this case, the name of the page is D_EmployeeList. Next, in the Data source property field, select .Name to display employee names in the drop-down list. Note:
- When you enable categorization, using node-level data pages as data sources might produce run-time errors.
- Parametrized data pages and large data pages are not supported in data transforms
when they are used in offline-enabled case types.
For more information, see Data transforms in offline mode and Improving the synchronization of offline-enabled mobile apps with large data pages.
- Optional: Define the format of your control:
- To allow the system to suggest most likely choices, select the Display best bets check box.
- To arrange results into categories, select the Categorize search results check box, and then indicate the property that you want to use to categorize results.
- To render the control as a combination of an editable text box and a drop-down list, on the Presentation tab, select the Display as combo box check box.
For example: To sort candidate values by location, select the Categorize search results check box. Next, in the Category property field, enter .OfficeLocation. The control now groups the list of employees that match the query according to their location.
- Click Apply.