Configure repeating dynamic layouts so that users can reorder items within and between lists. By adding drag-and-drop functionality to your lists, you create an interactive user interface where users can modify content to match their business needs.
- Create one or more repeating dynamic layouts in the design view editor. For more information, see Creating a repeating dynamic layout.
- Ensure that the layouts that you want to configure meet the following
- For moving items within and between layouts, the layouts cannot use a read-only source.
- For moving items between layouts, the layouts must source data from the same class.
- For moving items between layouts, the layouts cannot consist of an AJAX container.
- Open the section that you want to modify.
- Click a repeating dynamic layout, and then click the View properties icon.
- In the Repeating dynamic layout properties window, click the Operations tab.
- In the Drag and drop section, select the Enable
drag to reorder items check box.This check box controls whether users can reorder list items within a single repeating dynamic layout at run time.
- Optional: To include the current repeating dynamic layout in a group in which users can
move items between layouts, perform the following actions:
- Select the Allow drag drop between layouts check box.
- In the Group name field, enter a shared name for
the group of layouts.At run time, users can move items only between the repeating dynamic layouts that share the same group name.
For example: Repeating dynamic layouts A and B share the same group name, rdl-drag. Repeating dynamic layout C has a slightly different group name – rdl-dragX. As a result, at run time, users can move items between layouts A and B, but not to and from layout C.
- Click Submit.
- To enable moving items between multiple repeating dynamic layouts, repeat steps 2 through 6 for each layout.