Configuring an email account for Pulse notifications
To notify users about any activity in their Pulse conversations by email, configure an email account to process Pulse notifications. As a result, users can immediately know about new Pulse messages in cases that they follow, replies to their messages, and when other users reference them in Pulse comments. Immediate exchange of information can help users resolve work faster.For example, if a customer service representative (CSR) posts a Pulse message with a question about the maximum loan amount that a customer can receive, and references a manager in the message, the manager receives an email that contains the message and can immediately respond to the question.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Short description field, briefly describe the purpose of
the email account.
For example: Enter Notify about Pulse.
- In the Account Name field, enter
Note: You can have only one account with the name PulseNotifications in the system.
- Click Create and open.
- Configure the email account as appropriate.For more information, see Creating an email account.
- Click Save.
- Allow users to reply to email notifications with text or attachments and post the reply as a response to the original message. For more information, see Enabling users to respond to Pulse email notifications.
- Configure additional email accounts for each application for which you want to send Pulse notifications. For more information, see Configuring Pulse notifications on additional email accounts.