By default, when you configure offline localization for your app, the system packages and makes available offline only those field values and paragraphs that the UI directly references. The system also packages field values with parameters.
Auto-generated controls also support offline localization. For more information, see Creating auto-generated custom controls.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Offline configuration tab, in the Configuration template section, click the template that you want to use with your offline-enabled mobile app.
- On the Resources tab, add the locales that you want to
support in offline mode:
- In the Locales section, click Add locale.
- In the dialog box, enter the names of the locales that you want to add, and then click Add.
- In the upper-right corner of the offline configuration template form, click Save.
- Decide how you want users to switch locales at run time, and based on your
choice, add a button, a link, or a drop-down list to your section.For more information, see Adding UI components to a view.
- Configure the following action sets for your control:
For more information about configuring action sets for a control, see Adding action sets to a control.
- In the action set table, click Add an event, and
then based on your choice of control, define the event:
- For a Button or Link control, select Click.
- For a Dropdown control, select Change.
- Click Add an action, and then select the Run script action.
- In the Function name field, enter the
switchLocale function to run the provided
API.For more information, see Enabling case processing in offline-enabled mobile apps.
- In the Parameters table, define a parameter name and value. For example, enter Locale and de_DE.
- Configure the Refresh-Other section action
set.For more information, see Adding action sets to a control.
- Click Submit.
- In the action set table, click Add an event, and then based on your choice of control, define the event:
- Optional: To package and make available offline field values that are no UI section
directly references, for example, the case status, or to package field values
that are dynamically resolved (through a property reference), add these field
values to the allow list by performing the following actions:
- On the Allow list tab, click Add field values.
- Populate the auto-complete field with the field values that the UI does not directly references but which you want to include in packaging, and then click Add.
- If multiple classes reference a field value, click Add field values with multiple runtime class.
- Populate the Field Value auto-complete field with the field value.
- In the Run time classes list, select the classes that reference the field value, and then click Add.
- Debugging techniques in offline localization
Ensure that offline localization of your app works as intended by applying the recommended debugging techniques.