For more information, see Adding UI components to a view.
- Open the view with the control that you want to
edit.For more information, see Accessing views in your application.
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit icon.
- On the General tab, in the Property
field, define the property that you want to associate with the control:
- To select an existing property, in the Property field, press the Down arrow key, and then click the property.
- To create a new property, click the Open icon next to the Property field, and then configure a new property record. For more information, see Properties.
- In the Default value field, define the text that appears in the
- To use a fixed value, enter the text manually.
- To tie the default value to an expression, click Open expression builder, and then define the expression that you want to use.
- On the Presentation tab, in the Editable
settings section, define the size and format of the text field:
Choices Actions Fit to layout In the Specify width and Specify height fields, click Auto. Specific width In the Specify width field, click Custom, and then define the size of the control in pixels or as a percent ratio. Specific height with scrollbar
- In the Specify height field, click Custom.
- In the Height field, define the size of the control in text rows or pixels.
- In the Scrollbar field, add a scrollbar to your control by clicking True.
- In the Specify height field, click Size to Content.
- In the Minimum height field, define the minimum size of the control in text rows or pixels.
- In the Collapsible field, select the default state of the control (collapsed or expanded).
- In the Min characters and Max characters fields, define the length of the control.
- In the Type field, select how to format the control in a
For example: To create a control that hides the text that the user enters behind bullets select Text, and then in the Obfuscated field, select Yes.
- Click Apply.