For more information, see Adding UI components to a view.
- Open the view with the control that you want to
edit.For more information, see Accessing views in your application.
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit icon.
- On the General tab, in the Property
field, define the property that you want to associate with the control:
- To select an existing property, in the Property field, press the Down arrow key, and then click the property.
- To create a new property, click the Open icon next to the Property field, and then configure a new property record. For more information, see Properties.
- In the Default value field, define the text that appears in the
- To use a fixed value, enter the text manually.
- To tie the default value to an expression, click Open expression builder, and then define the expression that you want to use.
- On the Presentation tab, in the Min characters and Max characters fields, define the length of the control.
- Optional: To define a custom size for the text field, in the Specify size field, click Custom, and then define the size of the control in pixels or as a percent ratio.
- In the Type field, select the type of content that you want to
collect in the text field, and then configure the format in which to display the
For example: To create a control that hides the text that the user enters behind bullets, select Text, and then in the Obfuscated field, select Yes. Note: The available control types vary depending on whether your control is editable or not.
- Click Apply.