Enhance and customize your application by creating a binary file rule that
stores a graphics file, such as an image, or other non-text file. The binary file rule type
provides the security, inheritance versioning, and deployment benefits of rule resolution to a
For example, you can upload a custom image to your Pega Platform environment and use the image in your application. You can upload
different resources, such as icons, fonts, and locales.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the rule form, in the Label field, enter a name for your
- In the App Name (Directory) field, enter the name of the
destination web server directory for this file when the system extracts the file from the
- In the File Type (extension) field, enter the file
- Optional: To change the application layer in which to store the binary file rule, in the
Context field, select another built-on application.
By default, the system stores the rule in your current application layer.
- In the Add to ruleset list, select a ruleset and a ruleset
version in which to store the rule.
- Optional: To override the default work item that your application associates with this
development change, in the Work item to associate field, press the
Down arrow key, and then select a work item.
- Click Create and open.