Applicable to Theme Cosmos applications
Define the layout of the screen that users see in a browser window by using a
harness. Harnesses define the run-time layout of your portal or a work form in your
For example, a harness can divide the portal into three separate
areas: a header, a navigation pane, and a large content pane for displaying
What to do next: Define the screen layout that you want to use with your
harness. For more information, see Configuring a screen layout.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Create Harness tab, in the Label
field, provide the name for the harness.
- Optional: To override a standard harness, in the Label field, enter the
name of the harness that you want to override.For example: To override the review harness that presents the assignment in read-only mode, and
prevents users from changing information in later stages of case work, enter
- In the Context section, define the application, class, and target
ruleset for the harness.
As a best practice, select the name of the class that contains the work items that the
harness supports. Choose the class that is most specific to the application and its work
items, rather than a general Work- class.
- Click Create and open.Result: A tab with the new harness opens.