- Search for and open an existing section.
- On the Design tab, expand the Structural list, and then drag the Hierarchical table layout to the work area.
- In the layout header, click the View properties icon.
- In the Layout properties window, in the Data
source section, specify the source of the data for your Hierarchical table layout:Depending on the type of your table, some of the settings might not be available. See Enabling additional hierarchical table settings.
Choices Actions Property
- In the Source field, select Property.
- In the List field, specify the property with which you want to populate the layout.
- Optional: To delay loading data that is not visible in the initial display, in the Defer load activity field, select the activity that defines when to load the data.
Report definition (non-optimized tables only)
- In the Source field, select Report Definition.
- In the Applies To field, specify the class of the report definition.
- In the Report definition field, specify the report definition page with which you want to populate the layout.
- In the Tree grid summary field, describe the data that you want to display in the Hierarchical table.
- Click Submit.
- Enabling additional hierarchical table settings
Enable additional settings in the Hierarchical table layout for more customization options.