Provide a way to notify the client about changes on the server without having to
explicitly refresh the application, by setting up UI subscription channels.
Notifications use a publisher-subscriber model where messages are published to a channel
that broadcasts to all subscribers. You can create notification channels to send
specific messages. You also can configure subscribers to listen to messages from a
What to do next: Integrate the channel with your application:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the upper-right corner of the Notification channels
landing page, click Create.
- In the Notification channel dialog box, define the channel
- In the Channel name field, enter a meaningful
name that can help you identify the channel.
The channel name is for labeling purposes only. The system uses the
class name to identify which rule to run.
- In the Description field, define the purpose of
- In the Associated RuleSet field, define the rule
set that you want to use.
- In the Class name field, define a class name for
the notification channel.
- In the Properties to publish field, define which
properties you want to include in the notification message.
- Optional: To define more properties, click Add
- Click Create.
- Create an activity that uses a publish-notifications method to publish relevant
properties to the notification channel. For more information, see Creating an activity and Publish-Notifications.
- Subscribe to the channel by adding an action set with an On
load subscribe action. For more information, see Adding action sets to a layout and Available UI actions.