- In Dev Studio, open a custom section or control that you want to modify.
- If the section is based on a template, in the section editor header, click convert to full section editor, and then confirm the conversion.
- On the HTML tab, in the text field, add your custom
scripts in one of the following formats:
- An inline JS script tag
- A JS file
- An HTML fragment
- On the rule form, click Save.
- Create or open an autogenerated section to include your custom section or
control.For more information, see Creating sections.
- On the Design tab, perform one of the following tasks to
include your section or control in the main section:
Choices Actions Embedding the non-autogenerated section
- Expand the Structural list.
- Drag the Embedded section onto the work area.
- In the Section include modal dialog box, in the Section field, select By name, and then provide the non-autogenerated section's name.
Including the custom control
- Expand one of the lists with controls:
- Data capture
- Data display
- Pick and drag any control onto the work area.
- Click the View properties icon of the control.
- In the Cell properties window, near the control name, click Change.
- In the Custom list, select Other.
- In the list next to the control name, search for or enter your custom control's name.
- Click Submit.
- On the section form, click Save.
- Creating non-autogenerated sections
- Creating non-autogenerated custom controls