Ensure that your users have access to relevant and up-to-date information
by defining conditions that cause their UI to refresh.
For example, you can
configure the layout that holds your order summary to refresh every time the user edits the
list of items in the shopping cart.
Before you begin: Create or identify a layout, embedded section, or a view to
which you want to add an action. For more information, see Layouts and Creating views for case types.
The system uses the refresh condition to determine when to
refresh the section. When the condition evaluates to true, the section refreshes. The
condition comprises a property and an operator, such as
(!=). In addition, the condition builder includes two out-of-the-box
AddDelete, which evaluates to true if a new page is added or removed from
the condition's list property.
Changes, which evaluates to true if the condition's property
- Search for and open a section that holds the target layout or the target
- Open the settings of the target UI area:
- To edit the settings pane of a view in App Studio,
access the view, and then, in the pane on the right side of the screen,
- To open the properties dialog box of a layout or an embedded section in
Dev Studio, in the Dynamic layout header, click the View
Note: If the section that you want to open is based on a template, open that
section either as a view in App Studio, or as an embedded
section. For more information, see Accessing views in your application.
- In the settings of the UI area, in the Refresh condition
field, define when you want the area to reload:
- Click the Open condition builder icon.
- In the Refresh when dialog box, in the empty
field, enter the name of the property on which you want to base your
Note: For applications that do not use Cosmos React, the property must be in the same thread, or you must move it to
requestor or node level.
- In the operator list next to the property field, select the condition
that you want to use in your expression.For example: Enter ItemList() in the empty field and
select AddDelete in the operator list to create
an expression that reloads the UI whenever the user adds or removes
entries in the ItemList list property.
- Optional: To add a second condition, in the logical operator list below the
property field, select the logical operator that you want to use to
connect the conditions, and then repeat steps 3.b
for the new condition.
- Click Save.
- Optional: To run an additional operation on refresh, perform the following actions:
- To run a data transform, select the Run data
transform check box, and then provide the name of the data
- To run an activity, select the Run activity check
box, and then provide the name of the activity.
- Save the changed settings by clicking Apply or