Add the list of recent items to your application so that users can instantly access the most frequently used or recently closed items, which improves navigation and enhances the user experience.
By default, the recent items list displays the 20 most recently accessed items of the following types:
- Rule and data instance records
- Create New and Save As forms
- Landing pages
- Wizard items
- Instance lists
The system displays a list of recent items when you include the pxRecent section in a section within your application, and refreshes the pxRecent embedded section whenever the Declare_pzRecentsCache.pxUpdateDateTime property changes, that is, whenever a user adds, deletes, or updates an item in the recent items list.
- Open the section that you want to modify.
- On the Design tab, from the Structural list, drag Embedded section onto the work area.
- In the Section Include dialog box, in the Section field, enter pxRecent.
- Click Submit.
- On the section form, click Save.
- Disabling the list of recent items
Reduce the overhead for large applications by disabling event tracking. When you disable document tracking for an access group, the recent items list becomes empty for all users in that group.
- Custom lists of recent items
The out-of-the-box list of recent items is a read-only rule that you cannot modify. However, if you want to adjust the list to your business needs by changing its content, style, or the items that it displays, you can save the default section in your application ruleset and make your customizations there.