Applicable to Theme Cosmos applications
Enable grouping by fields so that application users can change the display of
data in a table to suit their needs. The users click the Group
button on the toolbar to choose the fields they want to group by and they can arrange
them in a sequence. They can also use the menu option in a column header.Note:
- When you use grouping, the pagination settings are ignored and all the rows are
- Using the grouping feature on large data sets may cause performance issues.
- When you use grouping, the Responsiveness option is
- If you upgrade from Pega Platform version 8.3 or an
earlier version and your application uses tables with personalization enabled
and users save a view, the initial grouping that you set at design time will not
be visible until the user discards the old view. You may also clean all the
saved views from the database so that the new grouping appears by default.
Before you begin: Optimize the table code. For more information, see Optimizing table code.
Result: At run time, a toolbar with the Group
button is generated. The users click the button to choose the fields they want to group
by and they can arrange them in a sequence. They can also use the menu option in a
column header. Users can choose up to three fields.What to do next: You can enable table personalization, so that the users
can save their preferred view of a particular table. For more information, see Enabling table personalization.
- In the Section form, click the table, and then click the
View properties icon.
- On the Operations tab, in the Grid
operations section, select the Allow Group by
(Additional settings on the column) check box.
- Optional: To define the initial view for a user who opens the table for the first time,
configure the initial grouping:
- In the Section form, click a header of a column,
and then click the View properties icon.
- Select the Group by this column check box.
You can set the initial grouping by up to three fields. Any additional
columns selected have no effect on grouping.
It is not possible to group by columns with embedded sections.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.