Theme Cosmos applications support a hybrid design that causes the UI to take on certain Cosmos React functionalities in an otherwise section-based UI. When you enable hybrid mode, most components retain the classic server-side rendering, but portal authoring components and tables use an updated client-side technology.
When creating a new application, you can choose between Theme Cosmos, Cosmos React, and a traditional Theme UI-Kit application. Theme Cosmos applications can use hybrid mode, or a standard architecture with sections only. For more guidance on how to choose a UI, see UI version comparison.
For Pega Cloud customers, the regional multitenant Constellation service is automatically configured during Pega Infinity deployment. There is no need for you to install or configure the engine.
Clients running Pega applications using VM-based or containerized deployments can deploy one service for your organization to handle static content requests from any of your Pega Infinity deployments.
For more information about the service, see the Constellation UI static content delivery service site for advanced developer documentation.
Enabling hybrid mode
- Review the process of implementing the Constellation UI Service on your system. For more information, see Hybrid mode.
- Ensure that Pega Infinity is using a secure HTTPS protocol.
- When you enable React components, security settings change in the background. To improve your application security, you can use only authentication mechanisms with unified authentication scheme (PRAuth). If you want to use the React UI library, a custom authentication scheme is not supported.
- Some browsers might not support React components. For more information about browser compatibility, see Pega Platform Client Operating System and Browser Support.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Definition.
- Expand the Advanced section, and click Server
rendered UI, and then click Save.
Result: You can now build React-based landing pages in the application. Previous topic setValues