Applicable to Theme Cosmos applications
Control the data in your application by defining the conditions in which
users can input new information. You can configure a control to be fully editable, fully
non-editable (read-only), or to switch to a read-only mode under specific
For example, when you create a new user account in an application,
the text fields that contain the personal data of the customer are editable. During the next
step, when the user has to confirm the data, you can configure the form to be read-only, and
- Open the view with the control that you want to
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the
window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit
- On the Presentation tab, in the Edit
options field, specify whether users can edit the control:
- To copy edit settings from the parent section or harness, select
- To disable editing, select Read-only (always).
- To disable editing under specific conditions, select Read-only
(expression), and then click the Open condition
builder icon to define the conditional expression.
- To disable editing when a when rule evaluates to true, select Read-only
(when rule), and then click the Open icon to create
the when rule.
- To make the control fully editable, select
- If the control is read-only, in the Read-only value field,
define the content that appears in the control:
- To display the value of the property that is linked to the control, select
- To display the value of a specific property, select Another property's
value, and then define the target property.
- To display a fixed value, select Constant, and then define
the value of the target constant.
- To display a localized value of the property that is linked to the control, select
Localize property value.
- Click Apply.