Applicable to Theme Cosmos applications
Save screen space by defining the conditions that govern the visibility of a tab in a
group layout. By linking a when rule or an expression to tab visibility, you ensure that users
only see the content they need, and create a neater, more friendly interface.Note: When multiple tabs or menus use when rules or expressions to manage visibility, the
application displays the first element that returns the value
in the layout group can include: dynamic layouts, repeating dynamic layouts, column layouts,
sections, or other layout groups.
Before you begin: Create or identify a section with a group layout. For more
information, see Creating a layout group.
- Search for and open an existing section.
- If the section is based on a template, in the header of the section editor, click
convert to full section editor, and then confirm the
- In the header of the tab whose visibility you want to edit, click the View
- In the Active when field, define the when rule or conditional
expression that you want to use.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To manage the visibility of other tabs in the group layout, repeat steps 3 through 5 for that tab.
- On the section form, click Save.