Define the look and behavior of a table layout in your user interface to build a responsive, intuitive, and user-friendly application that meets your business needs. For example, you can select the transparent style for your table or enable display of custom actions in the toolbar.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the User Interface category, and then click Section.
- From the section list, select the section that contains the layout that you want to use.
- In the Table header, click the View properties icon, and then select the Presentation tab.
- In the Style list, select a pattern for the table rows and
- In the Container format list, define the look of the layout.
- In the Width of content list, define whether the width of the
layout columns is set as a percentage or in pixels:
- To set minimum column widths that expand when the content exceeds the minimum width, select Pixels (fit content).
- To set column widths as fractions of the total width of the layout area, specified in pixels, select Fill (100%).
- Optional: To define additional layout behavior, select any number of the following check boxes,
which represent specific personalization settings:
- To display the container headings, select the Display container header and titlecheck box, and then configure the headings in the Header settings section, which opens when you select the option.
- To make your grid adjust to screen width changes, select the Responsiveness check box.
- To override the default presentation when the grid is empty, select the Display custom message when there are no rows to display check box. In the fields that open when you select the option, you can specify a custom section or a field value that you want to present instead.
- To override the default presentation when your filter criteria yield no matching results, select the Display custom message when there are no results upon filtering check box. In the fields that open when you select the option, you can specify a custom section or a field value that you want to present instead.
- To display additional options with custom actions in the toolbar, select the Display custom actions in toolbar check box. For more information see, Adding custom actions to the table toolbar.
- Click Submit.
- On the section form, click Save.