Provide users with a convenient way of selecting dates within specific ranges by
improving the Date Time control functionality. For example, when
users expense business trips for a specific quarter of the year, you can set that period of
time as a date range to make the process clearer.
- Open the view with the control that you want to
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the
window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit
- On the General tab, in the Type row, click
- On the Presentation tab, in the Editable
settings section, enter the date range from which users can choose in the
- On the General tab, in the From date and
To date sections, configure the date range:
- In the Property field, press the Down arrow key, and then
select a specific property that contains data for your range.
- Optional: To enter a custom name for the Date Time control, in
the Label row, clear the Use property
default check box, and then, in the Label value
field, enter a new name.
- In the Default value field, enter a suggested date that
automatically appears in the calendar.
- In the Placeholder field, determine the placeholder text for
- In the Helper text field, describe the purpose of the
control that users see at run time:
- Click Apply.