Adding action buttons to a case header
Create shortcuts to frequently performed actions in a case, by adding more action buttons to a case header.To be consistent with the design, present the action buttons added to the case header as icons.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the work area, run a case by clicking Save and run.
- Complete the Create dialog box, and then click Create.
- On the case page, enter the design mode by clicking Design in the upper-right corner.
- Hover over the case header, and then click the Edit this section icon.
- In the properties pane on the right, decide where you want to add the action
- To add the button to a case header in a summary panel, in the Case header actions section, click the Add icon.
- To add the button to a case header in a preview panel, in the Preview case header actions section, click the Add icon.
- In the menu, click the Add to view icon.
Result: The new button appears in the case header and in the Additional actions section of the property pane on the right.
- In the case header, hover over the new button, and then click the Edit this field icon.
- On the General tab, in the Text field, delete the text.
- From the Image source drop-down list, select Icon Class.
- Select an icon for your new button by clicking the Search icon next to the Class field.
- On the Presentation tab, from the Control format drop-down list, select Other.
- In the Other control format field, enter, and then select Icon.
- On the Actions tab, add a required action to the new
button.For more information about adding actions, see Adding action sets to a control.
- Click Apply.
Previous topic Adding tabs to the summary panel Next topic Adding buttons to the case action header