- In Dev Studio, open the section to which you want to add a chart.
- If the section is based on a template, in the header of the section editor, click convert to full section editor, and then confirm the conversion.
- In the options pane of the section, click Data display, and then drag Chart to the place in the layout where you want to feature a chart.
- Next to the chart, click the View properties icon.
- In the Cell properties dialog box, on the
General tab, specify the basic settings of the
In the Chart type list, select Column - Clustered to visualize data as vertical columns.
In the Data source section, in the Type list, select Report definition to set a report definition as a data source for your chart.
- On the Axis tab, customize the appearance of the axes of
For example: In the Y-axis section, in the Decimals list, select 2 to show two decimal places of values.
In the Y-axis section, in the Min value and Max value fields, enter the range of values that you want to show in the chart.
- On the Series tab, define what data series your chart
For example: In the Selected series section, click Add series, and then define new data series to appear in your chart.
- On the Presentation tab, customize the appearance of the
For example: In the Column colors section, click Add new, and then specify custom value-based conditions to color your chart.
In the Threshold lines and regions section, click, and then specify a point on the axis to draw a horizontal reference line on the chart
- In the lower-right corner of the Cell properties dialog box, click Submit.
- In the upper-right corner of your section, click Save.
Adding a chart
Customizing the chart