Improve the flexibility of application development and increase control
over UI components by adding custom attributes for version 1 Pega Digital Experience (DX) API to
auto-generated controls, such as buttons or text input controls.
attributes that you add are part of the DX API response. The front-end
solution in which the controls are used interprets the attributes to run a corresponding
activity. For example, you can add an attribute that generates a tooltip text for a specific
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio,
- Expand the User Interface category, and
then click Section.
- In the list of sections, locate and open the section with the controls to which
you want to add attributes.
- If the section is based on a template or created in App Studio, at the top of that section, click Convert to full section
- In the section, click the control that you want to modify, and then click the
View properties icon.
- In the Cell Properties dialog box, expand the
- In the DX API Attributes section, add your custom
- Click the Add attribute link.
- In the Name field, enter a meaningful label for
- In the Value field, enter the value of the
- Click Submit.
- On the rule form, click Save.