Adding custom attributes for version 1 DX API to auto-generated controls
Improve the flexibility of application development and increase control over UI components by adding custom attributes for version 1 Pega Digital Experience (DX) API to auto-generated controls, such as buttons or text input controls.The attributes that you add are part of the DX API response. The front-end solution in which the controls are used interprets the attributes to run a corresponding activity. For example, you can add an attribute that generates a tooltip text for a specific field.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the User Interface category, and then click Section.
- In the list of sections, locate and open the section with the controls to which you want to add attributes.
- If the section is based on a template or created in App Studio, at the top of that section, click Convert to full section editor.
- In the section, click the control that you want to modify, and then click the View properties icon.
- In the Cell Properties dialog box, expand the Identifiers category.
- In the DX API Attributes section, add your custom
Note: The attributes are specific to your custom UI. You can retrieve the list of attributes by using a REST call.
- Click the Add attribute link.
- In the Name field, enter a meaningful label for the attribute.
- In the Value field, enter the value of the attribute.
For example: To add a tooltip to a control that captures the user's last name, in the Name field, enter tooltip, and then, in the Value field, enter Enter last name.
- Click Submit.
- On the rule form, click Save.
Previous topic Setting advanced presentation options for controls Next topic Configuring a Button control