Make the buttons and links easier to see and the user interface more
intuitive by adding icons to controls in your application. Icons provide a familiar
graphical representation of the action that a control triggers.
you can add a shopping cart icon to a button that launches the checkout process in an online
- Open the view that you want to edit.
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the
window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit
- On the General tab, in the Image
source list, select the source of the icon:
- To select an image from the image catalog, select Simple
Image, and then click the Show Image
- To set a property as the source of the image, select
Property, and then define the target property for
- To select an image from a CSS class-based folder, select Icon
Class, and then click the Open the icon class
- In Image Position, define the position of the icon in
relation to the label on the control.
- Optional: To adjust the appearance of the control, on the
Presentation tab, do one of the following actions:
- To make minor formatting changes to the control and the cell in which it
is embedded, apply a CSS helper class. For more information, see CSS helper classes.
- To apply styling through a reusable skin format, in Control
format, select the format you want to use. For more
information, see Component style formats.
- Click Apply.