Adding scripts and style sheets to a harness
Add custom functionalities and styling to a harness by supplementing out-of-the-box components with your own scripts. This approach allows you to override standard settings that apply to the harness form for greater design flexibility.For example, you can create a script that adds a code-formatting plugin to the Rich text editor toolbar, to improve the user experience.
Adding scripts is also necessary if your application uses custom JS methods, components, and controls that call the run script action.
- Search for and open the harness that you want to edit.
- On the Scripts & styles tab, add the custom
- In the Scripts section, click the Add a row icon.
- In the Type field of the new row, select js.
- In the Name field, select the text file with script.
- In the Style sheets section, click the Add a row icon.
- In the File name field, select the text file with the script.
- Optional: To reduce the size of the CSS file for the harness, select the Generate harness-specific CSS checkbox.
- Optional: To add more scripts, repeat step 2.
Note: The scripts execute in the order in which you list them. You can reorder the scripts by dragging them into place.
- In the ruleform, click Save.
Previous topic Creating harnesses Next topic Configuring display options for a harness