Adding tables to views
Help users access and compare data by setting up a form with a table. Tables are a basic component that you can use to create a clear interface in information-heavy contexts.For example, tables that display the status of open cases can help managers quickly assess how a project is progressing.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the case working area, click the Views tab.
- Click .
- In the View name field, provide the name under which the view appears on the view list.
- In the Data page field, select the list from which you want to source the table contents.
- In the Display name field, enter the text that appears
in over the view in the UI, and then define how you want to present the data to
Choices Actions Table In the Template list, select Table. Tile-based gallery
- In the Template list, select Gallery.
- In the Card header list, select the field that you want to use as the header for your tile.
- In the Secondary text field, select the field that you want to use as the source of additional text on your tile.
- In the Columns section, add the columns that you want to
include in your table by clicking Add, and then select
the property that you want to associate with the column.The system sources columns from the current case type.
- In the Column to take up remaining width, define which column streches to fill free space in your table.
- Optional: To define what data is displayed in the table, set filters:
- In the Filter by list, select Custom, and then click the Properties icon.
- In the Condition Builder window, define the expression that you want to use to filter table contents.
- Optional: To build a complex filter with more than one expression, click the
Add icon, and then define the additional
For example: To set up a filter that displays only cases resolved the day before, build an initial condition Case statusis equal toComplete, and a second condition Update time/dateis equal to1 day. Set the logical operator between the conditions to and.
- Define how the application sorts data in the table:
- In the Sort by list, add the property by which you want sort the list by clicking Add, and then selecting the field that you want to use as a filter.
- In the list that appears next to the property field, select the order in which you want to sort the table.
- Optional: To enable bulk processing of list items, select the Allow bulk
Tip: Bulk processing is available for tables on case pages and landing pages. The actions in the bulk action menu are case-wide actions.
- Optional: To define additional table behavior, select the checkboxes that represent
specific personalization settings.
For example: To give users the tools to hide table columns, select Allow user edit column visibility.
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Organizing your view Next topic UI components in a view