Adding UI components to a view
Build an interactive and visually appealing UI that is consistent throughout all your applications by using controls. By adding the right controls, fields, and views (sections) you help users to navigate through the environment more intuitively and to process work items more efficiently. With a wide variety of default components, you can create a UI that meets your business needs.
- Open the view that you want to edit.For more information, see Accessing views in your application.
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the window, in the header of the region in which you want to add the control, click the Add icon.
- In components list, expand the node that contains the target UI element.
For example: Click Controls.
- Hover over the row with the name of the component that you want to add to your
view, and then click the Add to view icon.
For example: Click Date time.
- If your component is a data object with multiple views, from the view menu, select the view that you want to add to the UI.
- Close the Add pane.
Previous topic UI components in a view Next topic Configuring common control settings