Configuring an Anypicker control
Enhance navigation in your application by grouping drop-down list items into expandable categories in the Anypicker control. For example, if your business operates in several cities, use this control to group business locations by region and to help your users quickly select the right option in a drop-down list.
You can source an Anypicker control from a data page, a clipboard page, or a report definition.
For more information, see Adding UI components to a view.
- Open the view with the control that you want to
edit.For more information, see Accessing views in your application.
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit icon.
- On the General tab, in the List
source section, provide the details of your list source.
For example: To source your list from a data page, in the Type list, select Data page, and then provide the name of the data page in the Data page field.For more information, see Specifying a data source in a control.
- In the Search results configuration section, in the Data source property field, specify the property from which you want to source the list.
- Select the Use For Search checkbox.
- Select the Categorize checkbox.
- In the Category Property field, enter the property that
you want to use to categorize search results.
For example: Your source is a list of locations that includes the City and State database columns. To group the locations by state, in the Category Property field, enter .State.
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Specifying presentation options for a Link control Next topic Configuring an Autocomplete control