Configuring a Date Time control
Standardize date and time formats and ensure that correct date and time selection in forms is possible, including relevant time zones. For example, with this control users can set an appointment date.
- Open the view with the control that you want to
edit.For more information, see Accessing views in your application.
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit icon.
- On the General tab, set the Type parameter to Date.
- In the Property field, configure a field that is set with a date
value at run time:
- To select an existing property, in the Property field, press the Down arrow key, and then click the property.
- To create a new property, click the Open icon next to the Property field, and then configure a new property record. For more information, see Properties.
- Optional: To use the default label for the property, next to the Label parameter, select the Use property default checkbox.
- Optional: To make data entry faster, in the Default value field, enter a
default value.You can enter a constant value, a property reference, or an expression.
- In the Placeholder field, determine the placeholder text for the control.
- In the Helper text field, describe the purpose of the control to users at run time.
- In the Visibility field, choose when you want to display the
For example: Make visibility dependent on a when rule.
- In the Disable field, specify when the control is not
For example: Make the control editable based on an expression.
- In the Required field, specify when a value for this field is
required to save the form.
For example: Make the field always required.
- Click Apply.
- Selecting the date and time format
Improve the functionality of Date Time controls by selecting the format that is the most convenient for your users. For example, you can format the control to display full names of the months.
- Specifying calendar navigation options
Provide users with a convenient way of selecting the time and date by diversifying the calendar options in your application. For example, to ensure clarity, you can create a drop-down list that contains all available dates.
- Restricting the years displayed
Ensure that users enter dates that are relevant to the application. By restricting the range of available dates, you help users provide correct data, and reduce the number of input and processing errors.
- Specifying minute intervals
Help users select time slots in your application by setting specific intervals in Date Time controls. For example, in an application for booking medical appointments, you can set intervals of 20 minutes to ensure the equal duration of each visit.
- Specifying week display
Improve the functionality of the Date Time control by providing users with a calendar that displays week numbers. For example, when planning the time frame of your project, you can use the week numbers to ensure that you meet the deadline.
- Disabling the selection of weekend days
Help users select valid dates by disabling non-working days, such as weekends, in the Date Time control. By blocking the choice of non-working days in a control, you reduce the number of input errors and improve work efficiency.
- Specifying time zones for Date Time controls
Help users enter time with greater precision and avoid ambiguity in dates by setting time zones in the Date Time controls. For example, when you schedule a meeting in an international company, you can set a specific time zone for each attendee to ensure that the meeting time is clear, and that no misunderstandings occur because of different time zones.
- Setting a date range
Provide users with a convenient way of selecting dates within specific ranges by improving the Date Time control functionality. For example, when users expense business trips for a specific quarter of the year, you can set that period of time as a date range to make the process clearer.
- Configuring the Thai calendar
Improve functionality for users who rely on the Thai solar calendar by configuring the Date Time control to display dates in this format.
- Date properties
A single application can have users in different time zones, who use multiple work calendars and have different holiday schedules. To support the varied needs of your business, Pega Platform includes different property types that reference time and that you can use with a Date Time control.
Previous topic Configuring an Autocomplete control Next topic Selecting the date and time format