Provide users with a familiar way of navigating around and outside of their applications by using Link controls. For example, users can click a Link control to navigate to a page with a license agreement and to review it.
- Ensure that captions use descriptive, user-friendly text.
- Avoid helper text and try to clearly describe the action in the caption.
- For URL type links, avoid phrases such as click here or quoting the entire URL. Instead, use a descriptive term for the content to which the link points.
- Open the view with the control that you want to
edit.For more information, see Accessing views in your application.
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit icon.
- In the Link caption list, select the text that appears as the
- To set the link caption manually, select Text, and then, in the Link text field, enter the caption.
- To display a property value as a link caption, select Property reference, and then select the property that you want to reference.
- Add an action to the link.For more information, see Adding action sets to a control.
- Click Apply.
- Specifying presentation options for a Link control
By consistently using the predefined presentation formats for Link controls in your application, you make the user interface more predictable and help users complete forms more intuitively.