Configuring the Map control
Help your users locate relevant geographic points with less effort by using the Map control.For example, you can create a map that displays the location of hotels in a booking application, and give your users a more convenient way to browse for offers.
- Obtain a Google API key. For more information, see the Get an API Key tutorial from Google.
- Configure the Dynamic System Settings. For more information, see Configuring dynamic system settings for geographic reference.
- Add a Map control to the layout. For more information, see Adding UI components to a view.
- For offline mobile apps, enable tracking. For more information, see Tracking mobile users based on geolocation data.
- Open the view with the control that you want to
edit.For more information, see Accessing views in your application.
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit icon.
- Hover over the newly added Map control, and then click the Edit icon.
- Adjust the map format by completing the Map rendering section.
- Add markers to the map by performing the following actions:
- In the Markers section, select the Enable markers checkbox.
- In the Type field, select the type of data from which you
want to pull the markers, and then select the marker source.
For example: Pull markers from a data list that contains hotel addresses: set the Type field to Data page. Then, in the Data page field, enter D_HotelList. In the Location property field, enter LatLongAddress.
- Configure user tracking by performing the following actions:
Data page details for the user and track lists fill in automatically.
- In the Users section, enable the display of user locations on the map by selecting Enable users filter.
- In the Tracks section, enable the display of user tracks on the map by selecting Enable tracks.
- Click Apply.
Previous topic Configuring dynamic system settings for geographic reference Next topic Creating a location field