Help your users enter long-form information comfortably by setting up large
text boxes. The Text area control holds several lines of
unformatted text, and you can adjust the size and appearance of the text box to match your
form and your business needs.
For example, in a hotel booking application, you can
set up a Text area for additional comments from the customer. When
empty, the text box is collapsed, but expands when the user enters text.
- Open the view with the control that you want to
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the
window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit
- On the General tab, in the Property
field, define the property that you want to associate with the control:
- To select an existing property, in the Property field,
press the Down arrow key, and then click the property.
- To create a new property, click the Open icon next to the
Property field, and then configure a new property record. For
more information, see Properties.
- In the Default value field, define the text that appears in the
- To use a fixed value, enter the text manually.
- To tie the default value to an expression, click Open expression
builder, and then define the expression that you want to use.
- On the Presentation tab, in the Editable
settings section, define the size and format of the text field:
|Fit to layout||In the Specify width and Specify
height fields, click Auto.|
|Specific width||In the Specify width field, click
Custom, and then define the size of the control in pixels or
as a percent ratio.|
|Specific height with scrollbar|
- In the Specify height field, click
- In the Height field, define the size of the control in
text rows or pixels.
- In the Scrollbar field, add a scrollbar to your
control by clicking True.
- In the Specify height field, click Size to
- In the Minimum height field, define the minimum size
of the control in text rows or pixels.
- In the Collapsible field, select the default state of
the control (collapsed or expanded).
- In the Min characters and Max characters
fields, define the length of the control.
- In the Type field, select how to format the control in a
- Click Apply.