Meet the business needs of your projects by creating custom design
templates that you can use to arrange the content of your application into reusable
patterns. Design templates define the shape of the regions that hold the elements of
While Pega Platform provides
out-of-the-box templates to cover a variety of design scenarios, you can also create custom
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Create Section tab, specify the label, context,
class, and ruleset for the design template, and then click Create and
- If the section is based on a template, in the section editor header, click
convert to full section editor, and then confirm the
- On the Settings tab, convert your section to a design
- In the list, click Design template.
- Next to the Template icon field, click the
Show image viewer icon.
- Browse for and select the image that you want to use as an icon that
represents your design template in the design menu, and then click
- On the Design tab, define the structure of your
- From the Structural list, add layouts to
the work area of your template, and then configure them to represent the
structure of your design template.
- Optional: To add a control to a layout, expand the list representing the control
type, drag the control that you want to add to the work area, and then
configure the control.
When you add a control to a template, all sections that use that
template reference that particular control. For more information on
configuring controls, see UI components in a view
- Convert empty dynamic layouts into regions:
- Select the dynamic layout that you want to convert, and then click the
View properties icon.
- In the Dynamic layout properties window, in the
Design template section, select Use
as template region.
- In the Region name field, provide a meaningful
name for the region.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To convert other layouts, repeat steps 6.a through
for that layout.
- On the section form, click Save.