Creating an embedded section
Conveniently reuse modular content in your application by embedding existing sections inside other sections. For example, you can create a section that contains summarized product information and use that content in a product list, and then reuse the section for the shopping cart.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the User Interface category, and then click Section.
- Open the section that you want to edit.
- Add an embedded section:
Choices Actions In a section that uses a template
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the window, in the header of the region in which you want to add the section, click the Add icon.
- In the Data display node, click Embedded section.
In a custom section
- On the Design tab, expand the
Structural list, and then
drag the Embedded section onto the
- If you include a section in a layout cell, ensure that the section is in an inherited class of the section that contains the layout.
- If you include a section in a cell of a repeating layout, ensure that the section is in an inherited class of the layout.
- In the Section include modal dialog box, in the
Page context field, define the page context for the
- To source data for the section from the current page, select Use current page context.
- To source data for the section from a specific data page, select Use data page, and then enter the data page reference.
- To source data for the section from a page in the clipboard, select Use clipboard page, and then enter the page reference.
- To source data for the section from a data page that is defined by the value of a property, select Use page defined by property, and then enter the property reference.
- In the Section field, define the section that you want
to embed in the interface by directly entering the section name or by using a
For example: If you want to use a specific existing section, select By name, and then provide the section name.
- Click Submit.
- On the section form, click Save.
Previous topic Creating sections Next topic Using full section editor