Conveniently reuse modular content in your application by embedding existing
sections inside other sections. For example, you can create a section that contains
summarized product information and use that content in a product list, and then reuse
the section for the shopping cart.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio,
- Expand the User Interface category, and
then click Section.
- Open the section that you want to edit.
- Add an embedded section:
|In a section that uses a template|
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the window,
in the header of the region in which you want to add the
section, click the Add icon.
- In the Data display node, click
|In a custom section|
- On the Design tab, expand the
Structural list, and then
drag the Embedded section onto the
- In the Section include modal dialog box, in the
Page context field, define the page context for the
- To source data for the section from the current page, select
Use current page context.
- To source data for the section from a specific data page, select
Use data page, and then enter the data page
- To source data for the section from a page in the clipboard, select
Use clipboard page, and then enter the page
- To source data for the section from a data page that is defined by the
value of a property, select Use page defined by
property, and then enter the property reference.
- In the Section field, define the section that you want
to embed in the interface by directly entering the section name or by using a
- Click Submit.
- On the section form, click Save.