Creating a location field
Help your users indicate geographic points more conveniently by providing the option to type an address in a location field. For example, a ride-sharing application might use the location field to help users set a pickup point.A location field consists of a map and a text box in which the user can enter the address of a place that they want to mark on the map.
- Obtain a Google API key. For more information, see the Get an API Key tutorial from Google.
- Configure the Dynamic System Settings. For more information, see Configuring dynamic system settings for geographic reference.
- For offline mobile apps, enable tracking. For more information, see Tracking mobile users based on geolocation data.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- In the Case life cycle section, click an assignment or an approval step.
- In the Step properties panel, click Configure view.
- In the dialog window, click + Add field.
- In the Field text box, enter a unique name for the
For example: Enter PickupPoint.
- In the Type list, select Location.
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Configuring the Map control Next topic Text controls