Improve the maintainability of your application by creating a single source for
crucial application text. By using a paragraph control or directly referencing a paragraph
rule, you can add long-form rich text to your interface. Paragraphs contain up to 1,000
characters of rich text, which you can reuse in many contexts in your application.
For example, your business might involve a disclaimer statement that you want to include in
the footer of your page, in a form, and in emails to users. You can set up a single paragraph
rule to hold the disclaimer and reference it in your interface, and when you want to change
the disclaimer text, you only need to edit the paragraph rule.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the New tab, define the record properties:
- In the Label field, provide a meaningful name for your
- In the Context section, select the ruleset and case to which
you want to apply the paragraph.
- In the Add to ruleset field, define the ruleset in which you
want to create the paragraph rule.
- Click Create and open.
- On the Paragraph tab, in the text editor, enter the text that
you want to include in the paragraph.
- Optional: To reference a property in the paragraph text, in the text editor menu, click the
Insert property icon, and then define the property
- Optional: To reference a rule in the paragraph text, in the text editor menu, click the
Insert rule icon, and then define the rule type and
- Click Save.