Creating UI subscription channels
Provide a way to notify the client about changes on the server without having to explicitly refresh the application, by setting up UI subscription channels.
Notifications use a publisher-subscriber model where messages are published to a channel that broadcasts to all subscribers. You can create notification channels to send specific messages. You also can configure subscribers to listen to messages from a specific channel.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the upper-right corner of the Notification channels landing page, click Create.
- In the Notification channel dialog box, define the channel
- In the Channel name field, enter a meaningful
name that can help you identify the channel.The channel name is for labeling purposes only. The system uses the class name to identify which rule to run.
- In the Description field, define the purpose of your channel.
- In the Associated RuleSet field, define the rule set that you want to use.
- In the Class name field, define a class name for the notification channel.
- In the Properties to publish field, define which properties you want to include in the notification message.
- Optional: To define more properties, click Add properties.
- In the Channel name field, enter a meaningful name that can help you identify the channel.
- Click Create.
- Create an activity that uses a publish-notifications method to publish relevant properties to the notification channel. For more information, see Creating an activity and Publish-Notifications.
- Subscribe to the channel by adding an action set with an On load subscribe action. For more information, see Adding action sets to a layout and Available UI actions.
Previous topic Accessing the UI Gallery Next topic Reusing UI Gallery examples in an application