- In the navigation pane of your application, click Explore Data.
- In the Insights section, click the chart-based insight that you want to modify.
- On the right side of the insight, click Edit.
- In the customization screen of your insight, on the DATA
tab, manage the content of your insight:
Choices Actions Change visualization In the Chart type section, in the types list, select the chart that you want to view. Visualize specific data
- From the Fields section on the right
side of the screen, drag numerical data into the
- Create a chart by dragging further data into the Dimensions area.
- In the Fields section, in the Measures area, next to the record that you want to edit, click More, and then select a measure to include in the chart.
Apply basic filters
- From the Fields section, drag the data by which you want to filter the chart into the Filters area.
- In the list of relational operators, select an operator for your filter.
- If you filter results by dates, in the date parts list, select certain date part, and then specify the time period.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To apply more filters, drag more records into the Filters area.
Apply advanced filters
- In the Filters section, click Add advanced filter, and then, in the dialog box with filters, click Advanced mode.
- In the Advanced condition field, enter the filter logic, and then click Submit.
- In the Sorting section, in the Sort by list, select the data by which you want to sort the chart.
- In the Sort order list, specify how you want to sort the data.
- From the Fields section on the right side of the screen, drag numerical data into the Measures area.
- On the CHART tab of your insight, manage how the system
displays supplementary information in the chart:
Choices Actions Manage data series In the Series section, next to the data series whose chart you want to update, click More, and then select specific option to manage.
For more information, see Managing data series in insights.
Customize the range of axes
- Expand the Axis section.
- Manage the axes of the chart by selecting specific checkboxes.
Customize grid lines
- In the Grid section, select the Show grid lines checkbox.
- If your insight include only one data series, in the Line style list, select the look of grid lines.
- If your insight include more than one data series, in the
Apply grid to list, select the
axis to which you want to apply the grid.
Toggle tooltips In the Tooltips section, select the Show tooltip checkbox to display supplementary information about the chart columns. Manage chart legend
- In the Legend section, and then select the Show legend checkbox.
- Customize the chart legend by providing specific details.
- In the upper-right corner of the insight, click Save insight.