Ensure that users see and complete only the fields that are relevant to their work by
defining the rules that govern the behavior of controls.
For example, you can specify to hide controls that are unnecessary, mark a control as
required to make sure that users fill it in, or disable a control in a situation when you want
to limit the user's choices.
- Open the view that you want to edit.
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the
window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit
- In the Visibility list, define the visibility of the
- Optional: To display a blank area in the section when a control is hidden, select the
Reserve space when hidden checkbox.
The checkbox appears when you select any visibility option other than
Always. Reserving space for a control prevents the UI elements on
the screen from repositioning when the visible content is displayed.
- In the Disable list, specify when the control is not available
- In the Required list, specify whether the control is
- Optional: To specify the availability of the control at run time for different access groups, in
the Privilege list, select the privilege rule that defines which
groups can interact with the control.
- If you set a privilege, in the When not met field, define how
the application behaves when the user does not have appropriate privileges.
- Click Apply.