Development of web self-service interface
When you use Pega’s user interface in your existing self-service application, your customers can directly perform tasks in a Pega application. By providing customers with constant access to the information and actions that they seek, you enhance user experience and reduce the number of direct contacts with the call center.
For example, by embedding a form in your existing application, you can allow bank customers to open new accounts or submit mortgage applications in Pega Platform from within the bank’s application.
You can conveniently reuse Pega Customer Service cases, such as changing an address, disputing a transaction, or reporting a lost card, in the form of a web self-service in your customer-facing application. For more information, see Pega Customer Service.
Integration with a Pega Platform application also gives you access to rich capabilities such as automation, artificial intelligence (AI), authentication, and authorization across all channels. For more information, see Web Self-Service.
You can render Pega’s user interface in your existing self-service application by using the following solutions:
- Pega Web Mashup
- Use Pega Web Mashup to embed Pega UI directly into your existing application. Mashups provide the quickest way to embed even complicated, multistep, and dynamic processes directly into your application.
- Use Pega Web Mashup wherever possible because they can be instantly generated and deployed.
- When you use mashups, you ensure that processes and decisions are consistent and easy to change, because the native application immediately reflects every change in the flow and makes the update available to end users.
- Mashups support all of the client-side actions and logic that are available in web portals that are generated for Pega applications, such as conditionals, visibility, and validation.
For more information, see Pega web mashups for embedding Pega Platform UI in external web pages and Web mashup. Mobile mashup. Responsive UI..
- Pega Digital Experience (DX) API
- You can use the UX information that is provided in the API response to create and render custom experiences for interacting with Pega applications. With DX API, you can embed tables, forms, attachments, controls, and case information within remote interfaces.
Note: Consider using DX API if you have front-end expertise and your use case requires more flexibility and customization than a mashup can provide.
For more information, see Pega Digital Experience (DX) API.
Previous topic Creating auto-generated custom controls Next topic Pega web mashups for embedding Pega Platform UI in external web pages