Enabling search in a table
Enhance the usability of tables by enabling the search option so that users can quickly locate the information that they need. For example, by using the search box, users can search the table for specific cases or employee names.
The search option is for text-based search.
The search is performed on visible columns. For more information, see Configuration options for layouts.
Prepare the framework for enabling search in a table:
- If you want to run the search on a column that is based on an embedded section, enable sorting and filtering. For more information about enabling sorting and filtering, see Operations and actions in a table layout.
- Optimize the table code. For more information about optimized tables, see Optimizing table code.
- Ensure that the table that you want to modify is based on paginated data pages. For information about pagination, see Configuration options for layouts.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the User Interface category, and then click Section.
- Click the section with the table for which you want to enable search.
- In the Section form, click the table, and then click the View properties icon.
- On the Operations tab, in the Grid operations section, select the Enable search checkbox.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Enabling the refresh view button for a table Next topic Adding custom actions to the table toolbar