Loading data pages asynchronously
Increase process efficiency and save time by enabling users to take actions on a work item, for example submit a form, while other content is still being loaded on a web page.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the User Interface category, and then click Section.
- Open the section that you want to edit.
Note: Ensure that the section whose display you want to delay by using asynchronous data page loading is an embedded section. For more information, see Creating an embedded section.
- In the section header, click the View properties icon.
- On the General tab, in the Page context list, select Use data page.
- In the Context value field, select the data page that
you want to use as a source of values for the section.
Note: To enable users to process data that has already been loaded while other data continues to load, use read-only data pages from one thread as the source of the secondary content. For more information, see Elements of a data page.
- Select the Defer load contents checkbox.
- Click Submit.
- On the section form, click Save.
Previous topic Deferring the loading of content in UI elements Next topic Modal dialog box