Define whether your users receive a warning when they leave a hidden
required field empty. For example, if you use tabs, you might want to display validation
errors for empty fields that are not currently active.
On the other hand, if
you hide layouts or sections because you do not need them in a specific context, the best
practice might be to turn off validation.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click
- Expand the SysAdmin category, and then click
Dynamic System Setting.
- Open the validateHiddenField setting.
- On the Settings tab, in the Value
field, define the hidden field validation policy:
- To validate fields even though they are hidden, enter
- To stop the application from validating hidden fields, even if they are
required, enter false.
- Click Save.