Managing the main content of your application
Define the primary content of your portal to ensure that users who rely on assistive technology can navigate your application with less effort.
When you create an application in App Studio, Pega Platform sets WAI-ARIA roles for different content areas automatically (see WAI-ARIA roles in a screen layout). For screen layouts that you set up manually in Dev Studio, Pega Platform assigns the
content WAI-ARIA role to the central area in a screen layout by default.
However, if the UI that you want to build is unusual, and the main content belongs in an area that is not a default area, change the WAI-ARIA assignment manually to ensure that assistive technology can interpret the screen correctly.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the User Interface category, and then click Harness.
- Open the harness that contains the screen layout that you want to edit.
- Select the main area of the layout, and then click the View properties icon.
- In the Panel properties window, in the
Accessibility section, define the role for the
- To remove semantic markup from the area and make it neutral to screen readers, in the Aria role list, select Presentation.
- To designate the area as the main content area, in the Aria role list, select Main.
- Click Submit.
- On the harness form, click Save.
Skip link to the main content is the most important, because it directs the user to the purpose of the page.
Mainrole to that layout. For more information, see Assigning WAI-ARIA roles to a Dynamic Layout.
Previous topic Custom configuration options for accessibility Next topic Setting the navigation menu to permanently expanded