Managing visibility of a group layout tab
Save screen space by defining the conditions that govern the visibility of a tab in a group layout. By linking a when rule or an expression to tab visibility, you ensure that users only see the content they need, and create a neater, more friendly interface.
true. Layouts in the layout group can include: dynamic layouts, repeating dynamic layouts, column layouts, sections, or other layout groups.
- Search for and open an existing section.
- If the section is based on a template, in the header of the section editor, click convert to full section editor, and then confirm the conversion.
- In the header of the tab whose visibility you want to edit, click the View properties icon.
- In the Active when field, define the when rule or conditional
expression that you want to use.For more information, see Defining conditions in the condition builder and Creating a When rule.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To manage the visibility of other tabs in the group layout, repeat steps 3 through 5 for that tab.
- On the section form, click Save.
Previous topic Creating a templated region based on a layout group Next topic Table layout