Overriding disabled screen layout formats
Define which screen layout styles your application can use by overriding disabled formats in the skin. Some inherited style formats for screen layouts are disabled by default to improve loading time. If you decide to use one of the disabled screen layouts in your application, you can override the default setting.
Formats that are disabled in the parent skin are crossed out and tagged as
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the User Interface category, and then click Skin.
- Open the skin that you want to edit.
- On the Component styles tab, on the left side of the window, click the Menu icon.
- In the components list, click Screen layouts.
- On the Inherited tab, click the style format that you want to override.
- In the settings pane in the middle of the window, click override it.
- Optional: To change the screen layout format, edit the parameters in the settings pane.
For example: To give the layout a green background, perform the following steps:
- In the Main node, in the Background section, select Specify styles.
- In the Type list, select Solid.
- In the Color field, enter #B3CE68.
- On the skin form, click Save.
Previous topic Adding inheritance to an existing skin Next topic Updating Theme Cosmos in your application