Selecting the date and time format
Improve the functionality of Date Time controls by selecting the format that is the most convenient for your users. For example, you can format the control to display full names of the months.
For more information, see: Adding UI components to a view.
- Open the view with the control that you want to
edit.For more information, see Accessing views in your application.
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit icon.
- On the Presentation tab, in the Date/Time
field, define the format of the control:
- To adjust the control format to the data format, select Auto.
- To display selectors for both date and time, select Date Time.
- To display selectors for the date only, select Date.
- To display selectors for the time only, select Time.
- In the Display mode field, specify how the control displays
dates and times:
- To display a text input field with a selectable calendar widget, select Text input +calendar.
- To display a series of drop-down fields for selecting months, days, and years, select Dropdown lists.
- To display fields in which users can enter the date, select Text input.
- Optional: To define additional formatting for the control, in the Editable
settings and Read-only format sections, select the
options that represent specific settings.
For example: To let the user know how much time has passed since the date that is defined on the control, in the Read-only format section, set Date-time format to 2 days, 5 hours ago.
- Click Apply.
Previous topic Configuring a Date Time control Next topic Specifying calendar navigation options