Uploading custom font files
Ensure that your user interface meets the branding requirements of your company by adding new fonts to Pega Platform. Your custom font files can comprise standard fonts or icon fonts, which you can then add to the default icon set for your application.In Pega Platform, you store font files as binary files.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Create Binary File tab, in the Label field, enter a name for your font.
- In the App Name (Directory) field, enter the name of the folder
that contains your font file.
For example: Enter webwb.
- In the File Type (extension) field, enter woff2.
- Click Create and Open.
- On the Edit Binary File form, click Upload file.
- In the Upload file window, click Choose file, select the font file, and then click Upload file.
- Click Save.
- Optional: To use other font weights that belong to the same text font family, repeat steps 1 through 8, and then upload font files for each
of the weights.
For example: You can upload fonts as MyFontNameBold.woff2 and MyFontNameLight.woff2.A TTF file contains one font weight only.
Skins help you style the graphic elements of your interface, such as borders and backgrounds, separately from the content. This approach ensures greater consistency, promotes reuse, and provides you with tools to make quick changes to the graphic design of your application.
- Updating Theme Cosmos in your application
Build your application by using the latest UI tools. By ensuring that the Theme Cosmos ruleset is up to date, you provide your application with a modern and responsive interface.
- Managing Cosmos UI settings in case designer
Adjust the Cosmos-based user interface of your application to the needs of your organization. By changing Cosmos settings, you can control case-level fields and case behavior to make the interface cleaner or more informative, according to your preferences.
- CSS helper classes
CSS helper classes are snippets of code that introduce minor formatting changes to your UI. If your application has many formats of the same type, and these formats vary only slightly, using CSS helper classes can save you development time by limiting the number of customized skin formats.
- Login screen customization
You can customize the appearance of the login screen and other screens that unauthenticated users access, to maintain design consistency with your company's style guidelines.
- Creating a CSS font file
Define a CSS file that holds the information about a new font in an application to ensure that Pega Platform integrates your changes to the application. Adding a new font can improve the visual style of your application and make it compatible with your branding standards.
Previous topic Adjusting layout styling by using CSS helper classes Next topic Creating a CSS font file