Check whether the input that your user provides is relevant. By verifying
character patterns with edit validate rules, you can ensure that the data that users
enter into forms matches the field requirements, and reduce the number of processing
For example, if you want your users to enter a valid US postal code
in a field, you can use an edit validate rule to ensure that the input is consistent with
the ZIP Code format. Pega Platform includes a wide variety of
ready-to-use edit validate rules that come with default error messages.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Process category, and then click
- Open the validate rule that you want to edit.
- In the Conditions section, open a validation set by
- In the Validation conditions window, click Add
- In the new row, in the Select a function field, select
- In the Validation of field, select the field that you
want to check.
- In the using field, select one of the available edit
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.